Thursday, September 14, 2006

Top Notch Venality!

Marina Hyde, who I’ve never heard of before, engages in a bit of Ashley Cole bashing in the Guardian online today in the guise of a review of his book. It is bit like flogging a dead horse to criticise professional footballers for their greed and venality but she has one unforgettable quote from Cole:
"When I heard Jonathan repeat the figure of £55,000," writes Ashley, "I nearly swerved off the road. 'He is taking the piss Jonathan!' I yelled down the phone. I was so incensed. I was trembling with anger. I couldn't believe what I'd heard."

… on the subject to his agent relaying the Arsenal Chairman’s refusal to offer £60k a week for Cole’s services. I know it is out of context, without the background information on their negotiations etc but it is still priceless. Just how out of touch is this prima donna! No thinking about his negotiation position, no wondering if he’s out priced himself, no introspection of any kind, just righteous anger.

The righteous anger of a spoiled child!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home